Staff Systems Architect
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2023
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a creative, diligent, and deeply technical systems architect to drive plant-level trade analyses that inform product architecture. You will be responsible for expanding our existing techno-economic model based on input from various teams spanning multiple disciplines, executing global systems optimization of key requirements and specifications of our product, and collating non-technical constraints to help inform design decisions from cell to plant level. The role will be highly collaborative, involving working with nearly all engineering teams at Form Energy, including systems, battery module, battery cell, battery component, manufacturing, and test & validation teams. As one of the first members of the Product Architecture team, you will be at the confluence of technology development, product development, and product management, playing a central role in developing our first multi-day storage product.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with domain experts and modeling groups spanning multiple disciplines to scope, execute, and communicate the results of trade studies that inform architecture decisions
- Build, deploy, and be a power user of bespoke reduced-order techno-economic model(s) to accelerate design-performance-cost trade decisions
- Build flexible interfacing tools that enable seamless syncing between techno-economic models, component-level should-cost models, and non-materials cost models such as logistics and construction
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a product development environment
- Techno-economic modeling experience
- Stellar analytical thinking skills and the ability to understand multivariate parameter spaces
- Ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of a wide range of technical details spanning multiple disciplines, from electrochemistry to mechanical engineering
- Comfortable with python or similar scripting language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel to visit our CA, MA or PA site on at least a quarterly basis
The salary range for this role is $164,410 - $202,785. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Form Energy
Something looks off?