Who we are at Osmo:
Osmo is a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It’s time we solve this. We’re bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.
We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own. In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use). We're a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Cambridge, MA and New York, NY.
Osmo are seeking a creative and detail-oriented individual to join us as a Perfumer's Assistant. In this role, you will be a part of our dynamic, creative, and passionate team, working closely with our master perfumer to assist in the creation and development of fragrances. The ideal candidate has a passion for the art of perfumery, strong organizational skills, and a keen sense of smell.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works well within a team.
- Ability to manage priorities and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- General understanding of chemistry and fragrance ingredient evaluation
- Database/ inventory management skills and a working knowledge of perfumery raw materials.
- Creative, with a strong olfactory sense and a passion for fragrance and perfumery
- Degree in chemistry, biochemistry or technical training in perfumery, cosmetics, or aromatic foods
- Ability to work on-site at our New York City lab 5 days a week
- Manage the collection of raw materials by ensuring good storage conditions, maintaining stock, and
- Monitor and maintain inventory of raw materials, ensuring proper storage and freshness of all materials in the collection, for fragrance development. This includes detailed records of ingredient batches and expiration dates.
- Verify the quality and the smell of raw materials to ensure consistency and excellence in fragrance development.
- Accurately measure and blend fragrance components according to provided formulas.
- Keep the perfumery lab clean, organized, and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Assist in the maintenance of lab equipment as needed.
- Document all stages of fragrance development, including ingredient quantities, formulas, and any adjustments made during the process as needed.
- Work closely with other departments to assist in captives discovery, and QC as needed
Expected Salary: $70,000 - $80,000